Friday, June 25, 2010

Mil Spouse Friday Fill-In

Recently I have found this whole amazing community of mil spouse blogs. I happened to find Wife on a Roller Coaster (awesome blog!) and through that blog found Wife of a Sailor (another awesome blog). Well, Wife of a Sailor has started a new meme: Milspouse Friday Fill-In. I haven't participated in anything like that but I figure what the heck...why not?? So here is this week's:

1. How did you and your spouse/significant other meet?

Me and The Hubble actually met in college. He was the dude who would fall asleep in class...in the front row! Yup. I constantly watched that guy thinking: "who the Hell does he think he is falling asleep right in front of the professor?!?!" Then he stole my seat and I showed him my butt. LOL! Yeah...I think I need to write a post about this soon...

2. What is the best thing about being a MilSpouse?

I think the best thing is the travel. Living in new places. Having new experiences. Knowing that you are somehow involved and are participating. Being able to give a soldier a good home and creating new relationships and families all over the world. Also, just knowing something...more. It's hard to put into words...it's the feeling.

3. What is the hardest thing about being a MilSpouse?

The hardest thing actually kind of goes along with the best thing for me. The never knowing where you are going. Seemingly to constantly be in limbo. Not being able to plan for a future of more than a year or so and know that even if you try to plan, it's going to change. Putting parts of my life on hold because I don't know what's going to happen next. 

4. What is your favorite dish?

This one is too difficult for me to answer. I love food. I love to cook (as you may already know). I love all types of different types of food as well. I love Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Greek, Southern, pretty much everything you can think of. I know this doesn't really answer the question...there are just too many great dishes out there to pick a favorite!!!

5. If you could change one thing in this world, what would it be?

Petty differences and judgments. I wish that people could accept the differences that we all have instead of fight against them. All this does is create drama and I don't subscribe to drama. I don't like crazy maker's because it just makes life too hard. Instead of judging and hating on one another, why can't we embrace other's differences and maybe learn something new in the process??? Why is it so difficult to understand that we could learn so much about the world and different experiences if we could get over our own judgments and petty differences and listen and get to know one another.
blog comments powered by Disqus