Friday, June 11, 2010

The Bonds of Sisterhood are Just as Strong

Have you ever met someone and had an instant connection? You meet this person and you just somehow know that you were meant to be in one another's lives? Some immediate spark or knowledge hits you and you know without a shadow of a doubt that you would fight for this person? That has happened to me a few times within the last few months with some of the ladies I have met recently. It happened in January with Miss T and it happened two weeks ago with Miss L and Miss J.

Let's start at the beginning...


Yesterday morning, Little Butt and I wake up and we decide to do craft time. I've been wanting to work with her and her letters recently so we (I) decided to do the Alligator A! craft from No Time For Flash Cards.


By the way, if you have little ones at home, the No Time For Flash Cards site has tons of ideas for crafts and fun learning. Little Butt was very proud of her alligator!

So after craft time, I'm looking through things on my computer and getting ready to post a new recipe on Jolts & Jollies (my cooking blog) when Miss L calls me. She asked if The Hubble had told me about Mr. J (Miss J's husband). Apparently, Mr. J had a crazy intense seizure that morning and had to be taken to the hospital by ambulance. Miss L wanted to go to the hospital to lend moral support to Miss J and I jumped up to join her.

Miss L went to grab coffee while Little Butt and I got ready and jumped in the car to fly over to the hospital. Miss L and I arrived at the hospital at the same time and had to ask a lot of questions and page Miss J in order to find her. Unfortunately Mr. J and Miss J were in a Neurology session and we didn't even get to see them until they were leaving. But we waited patiently in the waiting room, just me, Little Butt, Miss L and Baby L.

Once we did get to see them, we quickly made arrangements to pick up the J-family kids that evening and make them a couple casseroles to keep them fed during the next few days of craziness and tests.

So that's what we did. We went to the store and whipped up a couple dishes for them. Then met up at their house around 5pm to grab the kiddos because they were going to stay with Miss L for the evening while Mr. J and Miss J went back to the hospital for more tests.

I was so glad that Little Butt was a good girl all day. She just went along for the ride. She was super duper happy that Miss L had a DVD player in her car too!

Now that I am reflecting on the day I can't stop thinking about how I just met these ladies two weeks ago at a party and have only seen them once since, at the spouse coffee. I think it is important to know that there are people out there who care about your well being and are willing to do whatever it takes to help. I instantly fell in love with these ladies and I am truly hopeful that the little I could offer was helpful in this time of need. These are my sisters, my fellow Army wives, my family. I will be here no matter what they need, all they need do is call.
blog comments powered by Disqus