Monday, October 11, 2010

CYS Registration Revisited I am again...another week without a post. Grrrr... I'm totally annoying myself.

I actually get really annoyed when blogger's say "I'm so sorry I haven't posted in forever" and here I am doing the same thing. Oh well...what can you do??

Oh that's right! I can post more! LOL!

I kind of have an excuse though. My parents visited this past week so I really didn't get on the computer at all.

But today is not about the visit. Today I wanted to share some good news with you.

If you have been around for a while I'm sure you remember the hassle it took to try to get Little Butt registered with CYS.

Well...I FINALLY got her records! It took a couple tries. I had to request the records to be sent to me after they all made it to the local hospital, which took another week. When I got them in the mail they were ONLY that hospital's records, not the total package.

I was annoyed.

So I went back and let them know how frustrated I was. The lady I talked to went to the back room and within 3 minutes she handed me a copy of all of Little Butt's records.

Really??? It was that easy??

So I went back to the CYS office and rescheduled the special needs training that I had missed since I didn't have the records the time before. Unfortunately, I had to wait another 3 weeks until the training. Boo!

I called the nurse and left a message to set up a time to meet so she could go over Little Butt's records. She called me back a few days later. I explained the situation to her.

Me: My daughter has a food sensitivity to fresh shellfish.

Nurse: Does she have an epi-pen?

Me: No.

Nurse: Does she take medication for it at all?

Me: No. She just gets diarrhea if she eats it, it's not like she'll die or anything.

Nurse: Tell me about the nursemaid's elbow.

Me: Her left elbow pops out of socket if you yank on it really hard.

Nurse: That's it?

Me: Yup.

Nurse: I'm going to call and see if I can get you out of the special needs training.

Me: Really? Thanks!

A week went by and I still didn't hear anything so I left a (what The Hubble called "condescending") voicemail basically asking her what was up. The next day I got a call from CYS and they told me I didn't need to go to the training and I could come in and complete the registration any time.

Are you kidding?? 3 months worth of work and waiting for them to tell me never mind?? Awesome!

So I go in the next day and get her registered. We went to orientation the next week and I scheduled her for the following week (which was the week before last week). She goes Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays for 3 hours.

So...Little Butt had her first 2 weeks of daycare and we both survived!

The first day I dropped her off I was a nervous wreck! After I left her at daycare with strangers I met my friend Emily at the track for a walk. I got out of the car and said "I don't have a baby!" and I started crying. Yes...I'm that loser.

Emily and I walked, I went home and showered and got ready then headed back to post to pick up Little Butt.

I tweeted about this the whole time and asked my tweeple if it would be weird to take a camera for the occasion. Luckily, my dear friend Penny told me I definitely should take the camera! So I did. Here is Little Butt after her first time EVER at daycare:

Leaving the CDC we stopped to look at the fish.

Doesn't she look super happy to have gone to school???

The second day I didn't have my camera handy so I only have crappy Blackberry pictures. I picked Little Butt up from the CDC and she looked like this:

She was apparently a puppy. Since we were out and about we decided to stop at my favorite place in the whole world!

I figure I have to train the girl early right?? And no...that isn't coffee. It's a kid's hot chocolate and she loves them and the passion iced tea with half the sweetener.

So that's it. We have made it through our first few days of daycare. I've actually gotten to the point where I like my time alone. I know it's only been 2 weeks but it's nice. I'm even planning on starting up my running again.

Have you gone through any life changing or emotional events lately? What were they? How did you cope? Did you cry like I did??

For Further Reading Check Out:
blog comments powered by Disqus