Thursday, July 22, 2010

Where Do I Fit In??

Take the Problogger Challenge with SITS and BlogFrog


As I mentioned before I'm doing the 31 Days to Building a Better Blog challenge with the SITS girls and BlogFrog.

We are now on day 4 and so far I've learned a lot and been blown away by the support I've received from these amazing women (and I think a few men).

Over 500 bloggers have signed up for this challenge and more continue to dive in every day. If you are interested you can click that button up there and jump in as well.

So today's task is to analyze top blogs within your "niche." Okay cool. I can do that. Darren (aka Problogger) suggests looking at a site called Technorati. Check! This site has a Top 100 list and you can browse through top blogs by categories. I found myself lost within the hundreds of book blogs and the thousands (yes thousands!) of food blogs. Wow! These blogs are amazing.

But where do I fit in?? What's my niche?

So I look in the "home" blogs. These blogs have tons of crafts and homemade things. Awesome. Beautiful. But not me.

Then I took to the "family" blogs. Interesting. Informational. But I'm not exactly a "mommy blogger." So...not yet finding my niche.

So what is a girl to do? Should I make 5,000 different blogs because I have a lot of interests? Or should I remain niche-less??

Or! I can keep recruiting other milspouses to create blogs and find a niche withing that category. Why is it that military blogs aren't a "niche?" I know they are out there.

The problem is that we "milspouses" are people outside of the military lifestyle. I am a woman. I am a mother. I am a homemaker. I am a book lover. I am a cook, a baker, a friend, a sister, a daughter. I am so many things that just don't fit into a niche.

I have a drive to be the best "me" I can be!

Yes, my life is colored by camouflage. Yes, the military is the mistress between The Hubble and I. But that does not fully encompass the essence that is me.

So what if I don't fit into a niche. So what if I am not easily defined.

I don't have to be. I make the rules in my life. (Well, as many as the military allows me to make).

I am eclectic. I love sci/fi and history. I love eating and exercising. I love crafts and technology. I love parties and quiet time.

I am a contradiction of myself and I'm okay with that.

I am...

Niche-less.

Hear me roar!



So where do you fit in?

Are you roaring with me or have you found your niche??


For additional reading check out:
blog comments powered by Disqus