Friday, July 9, 2010

Milspouse Friday Fill-In and Five Question Friday: July 9, 2010

It's that time again. I can't believe the week has gone by so quickly! I feel like just yesterday I was doing my question Fridays with Wife of a Sailor and Mama M. at My Little Life. But alas, another week has gone by and it's time for the fun to begin again. Let's get this party started! First up:


The Milspouse Friday Fill-In is hosted by Wife of a Sailor. Here we go:


1. What is your favorite household chore?
To me, there is something incredibly therapeutic about being in the kitchen. I love to make a delicious meal or treat and enjoy it with my family and or friends. Then...here comes the weird part...I like to go clean the kitchen. I enjoy doing the dishes and making my kitchen nice and neat awaiting the next culinary creation.


2. What is your favorite childhood memory?
My favorite childhood memory is spending summers at my grandma's house in Lawton, Oklahoma. It was so fun and carefree. Breakfast was always amazing. She would alternate between eggs, bacon, and biscuits one day then pancakes, sausage, and homemade syrup the next. We would always stop at Baskin Robbins after church every Sunday and eat ice cream every night before bed. It was the best!


3. What is your most embarrassing moment?
Okay this is really gross. And please don't judge me! LOL! I have had this intense fear of public restrooms. I would hold it for hours and hours until I just couldn't hold it one second longer and then I'd run to the restroom hoping I would make it in time. I don't know why I had this problem. I just did. This was cured when I got pregnant. Okay. So. This one day, in high school. Yes high school. I was holding it all day and finally in my very last class I just couldn't hold it anymore. I had to go. Right. Now. Well, I had to go so badly that I couldn't move from my seat to run to the restroom. I ended up peeing right in my seat. I didn't know what to do so I ended up saying that someone before me had peed in my chair and I sat in it. They tried to console me and tell me that there was a special needs class in the room before my class. I was so embarrassed and thought I had played it off but thinking back they all probably thought I was a freak. So I sat there. When the class was over it was time to ride the bus home. Full of dried pee. Luckily, it was the grunge period and I was living in Washington State so it wasn't uncommon for the kids to be wearing flannel shirts. I remember I was wearing white jeans with a green flannel with a white t-shirt underneath that day. I wrapped the flannel around my waste and made it home. I was mortified and have no idea why I'm sharing this disgusting and embarrassing story. LOL! Yuck!


4. What uniform of your spouse’s is your favorite?
Haha! I was just talking about this the other night. My favorite is his Blues. And not because that's him being all dressed up and all that jazz. No. It has to do with those bright red suspenders. Once the wine and beer start flowing and all the official business is done and the music starts bumping...the jacket comes off and the suspenders come out. I don't know what it is about those things but I think they are incredibly sexy! LOL!! I can't help it. There's something about those suspenders...


5. What canceled TV show do you miss the most?
I actually don't really watch television. I know that's crazy but I don't. And the little time I do watch TV it's usually something that pretty much isn't going to be canceled, like I love So You Think You Can Dance. However, I was watching a show called Dollhouse that me and my older sister really loved and would talk about a lot. That got canceled after 2 seasons (I think) and it made me really sad. What can ya do??

So that's it for the Milspouse Friday Fill-In. If you want to join in the fun, head on over to Wife of a Sailor and link up!! And now we are on to another really great question game:





This fun Five Question Friday is hosted by Mama M. over at My Little Life. Here we go:

1. What is one food you can eat every day?
Hands down...cold pizza. I can eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I love the stuff! The Hubble thinks I'm crazy but I think it's delicious. Sometimes (and don't tell The Hubble this because I only do this when he's deployed) I will order a pizza just to put in the fridge for breakfast the next morning. YUM!

2. Are you working in the career you thought you would be when you were 18?
Hell no!! I am currently a stay at home mom and I never intended that to happen. I did get the degree I thought I would get but I've changed my mind as to the career path I am going to pursue now that I'm older and have a bit more experience and opinions.


3. What is something you wish you would have done when you were younger and you didn't?
Play school sports. Run in Track specifically. I always wanted to. I had coaches and teachers ask me to do Track because I had really long legs, lots of energy and I was one of the best runner's in my PE class. Unfortunately I was an extremely shy child and was terrified of getting a physical (which is required for school sports). I know, I know. Really? A physical? That's what kept me from it? Yup. It sucks I know. But at least I can run now! LOL!

4. What color are your kitchen walls?
Sadly, they are standard issue white. We are currently renting for the year and will always be renters. At least until The Hubble retires from the military. If it was my choice, they would be a tealish blue color. It would look like cotton candy in there.


5. Do you remember what your very first favorite song was?
No. But it was most likely something from the movie Annie. I loved that movie so much that I made everyone call me Annie. I wouldn't answer to my name, only Annie. I would walk around the house singing the songs from Annie at the top of my lungs. I wore out the VHS tape of that movie several times from watching it so much. I think my older sister hates this movie to this day because of how much I watched it and sang the songs from it.

So that's it. If you want to join the Five Question Friday fun jump over to My Little Life and link up!

I hope you've enjoyed this edition of the Milspouse Friday Fill-In and Five Question Friday.
blog comments powered by Disqus