Monday, July 19, 2010

Introduction and My Not Quite Elevator Pitch

Last week some time I was playing around on the internet as I often do, and I jumped onto BlogFrog to check on some communities. While I was playing around there, I found a link by Nirvana Mamma about this thing called 31 Days to a Better Blog Challenge. She was calling all mommy bloggers at the time. However, the feedback and excitement she received from all manner of women bloggers was incredible. Partnering with the SITS girls and Darren, aka Problogger (author of 31 Days to Building a Better Blog) they were able to induce a fervor and bring at least 400 women bloggers together in a common cause: supporting one another in their journeys to create better blogs.

Me being the joiner that I am, I decided to sign up. I don't need to be famous or have the best blog ever. However, I do want to have the best blog I can. It is important to me when I undertake new endeavors to succeed as best I can. Therefore I am on board!


Take the Problogger Challenge with SITS and BlogFrog


Our first task in this challenge is to write an elevator pitch. Yeah, I pretty much had that "say wha...???" kind of response to that too so don't feel bad. Apparently, an elevator pitch is a pitch of your product (blog) that you can give in about 30-45 seconds or the span of an elevator ride. That means, I should be able to figure out what it is me and my blog are all about so I can pitch it in the span of an elevator ride.

Here's the problem I see with this. I don't like elevators. Whenever I can, I opt to take the stairs. So that paired with the fact that I'm a bit of a rebel means that we are taking...


That's right...we're taking the stairs baby. Now I have the time it takes us to walk up this set of stairs to let you know who I am and what I'm all about. I have to say, I'm hoping you are slightly out of shape, I'm going to need a bit of time.

I'm Maranda. I'm an Army Brat, unintentional Army Wife and unplanned stay at home mommy. I move. A lot. Sometimes I struggle with being a military wife and am often conflicted within my role as a mom. But I would never change my life, I'm lucky to have had these experiences. I love to read and write reviews on the books that I love, as well as some that I don't love. I'm addicted to coffee. I'm obsessed with fitness. I love to cook and bake. I love crafty type things. I draw, I knit, I cross stitch. I'm quickly becoming enamored with photography. I'm fun, cooky, a bit zany, and I tend to talk a lot. I have a tendency to stick my foot in my mouth and make a complete fool of myself. I'm honest to a fault and loyal beyond reasoning. I love with my soul and cry with my heart. But don't cross me; I'm a force to be reckoned with when I'm angry. I am me, and this is life as I know it.

I hope you have enjoyed this walk up the stairs. If you did, I hope you stay a while. But if you didn't, well...we can try again...

blog comments powered by Disqus