Friday, July 16, 2010

Milspouse Friday Fill-In and 5 Question Friday: July 16, 2010

Hello all and happy Friday!!! It's time for the million question Friday with Wife of a Sailor and Mama M.

You know the drill so let's get started. First up!


The Milspouse Friday Fill-In hosted by Wife of a Sailor. Here are this week's questions:

1. What food reminds you of your spouse?

I don't know if there are any specific foods that remind me of The Hubble. There are certain things he's VERY particular about. Like cheese. He won't eat it unless it's melted. To me, this is sacrilege. I mean, how can anyone not like cheese??? Then, he loves the beer. He love jalapeno chips. I guess maybe tostones?? Tostones are flattened and fried plaintains. It's a Puerto Rican thing. I ate my first tostones at The Hubble's Grandma's house. They were delicious. He eats them with ketchup so that's what I did. I've never gone back. I could eat those things all day. Yum!

2. Who would you rather sit next to in a cross-country plane ride: an irritating non-stop talker, or a quiet stare-er?

I would rather have the talker. At least you would know what they were thinking. It's the quiet ones you have to worry about. I worked in retail for 8 years so I'm used to talking with people I don't know. And I've had some ramblers in the past but you just find a polite way to disengage. I guess I was trained to deal with the talkers. LOL! I would be too creeped out by someone just silently staring.

3. What are your best tips on how to save money?

We have what we call the "buffer." Back in the day, when we were living on my measly paycheck, we would find ourselves unable to afford gas at times. So we started squirreling away "change." Let's say you get paid $210. Well, we would only write $200 in the checkbook, $10 would go to the buffer. You never see it. When we purchase something, say for $5.43, we would write in the checkbook that we spent $6. Our checkbook is always even and we never have to worry about being off by a few cents. And over time, the buffer built up. We have had several years that at the end of the year we move $500-$1,000 from the buffer into savings because it's gotten so big. It also helps me stress less because as I see the money dwindling I know we still have enough to survive.

4. What is your favorite summer memory?

I feel like I have answered this question every week so far so I'm going to say what is my most recent favorite summer memory.  Of course, that's hard too because I have a horrible memory and can't seem to remember my most recent summers. Ugh!

5. Do you believe in ghosts?

I have no idea. I think so. Yes. I have a ghost actually. His name is Fred. I picked him up from an ex-boyfriend. I've had too many weird things happen to not believe in ghosts. 

That's what's going on with the Milspouse Friday Fill-In. If you want to join in the fun head over to Wife of a Sailor's blog to link up your answers and read all the others!

Next up!!




Five Question Friday with Mama M. over at My Little Life. Here are this week's questions:

1. Do you collect anything?

Yes. I collect friends, books, movies, shot glasses and coffee mugs (I actually have a post planned for this one). I used to collect Seraphim angels but that's not really 'me' anymore. I'm not really sure it ever actually was me. I also have several wine glasses from the wineries up in NY. But that's pretty much it. ;-)

2. Name 3 celebrities that you find good looking.

Most of the celebrities that I find good looking have always been women. I think Charlize Theron is stunning and I drool over Jennifer Garner and Gwen Stefani. Actually, Gwen Stefani is the Captain of my lesbian boat and Jennifer Garner is the First Mate. However, there is Bradley Cooper. Bradley Cooper defies all of my thinking. I've never found male celebrities 'hot' until Bradley Cooper. Of course, I fell in love with him and Jennifer Garner about the same time, during the first season of Alias. Oh Bradley Cooper. I want to marry you and have your babies please! 

3. Do you have any scars? If so, what's the story behind it (them)?

Well, I have your basic chicken pox scars. I have a scar from my appendectomy. I really don't know of many others. However, if you want to talk about emotional/mental scars...I don't remember anything before the age of 12 (except summers at my grandma's house) and my life was pretty crappy from 12 to 20 when I met The Hubble. 


4. What is a food that you like to eat, but other's might think it's gross or weird?

That would probably have to be the fact that I love the combination of KC Masterpiece BBQ chips and twinkies. Yes, they are delicious together! It's something to do with the smokey, salty, sweet flavor combo that gets me...I don't know but I love it!

5. Have you ever seen a tornado in real life?

Nope. I always thought I would. When we spent summers at my grandma's house the tornado warnings would go off and we would run across the street to the neighbor's tornado shelter in their backyard. We've had some warnings here too but to no avail. It's okay if I never see one though...I'll be okay with that. 


And that's it for this week's 5 Question Friday. If you want to join in head over to Mama M's to link up and read (or watch now that Mama M. has started vlogging her answers, and they are awesome and definitely worth the watch!) all the other answers!

Have a great Friday everyone!!
blog comments powered by Disqus