Monday, May 30, 2011

Menu Planning Monday Week 2

It's time for Menu Planning Monday again!!

Each week, I sit down and look through blog posts, cookbooks and magazines to come up with our menu for the week. I actually find this to be therapeutic and I just love it.

I know most of us cook and we love to share recipes. I've seen some of you do Tasty Tuesdays, recipes of the week and others just post recipes randomly.

I don't care what you call your recipe sharing day, but do tell others about this link up so we can all share and enjoy our favorite recipes with each other.

This week I'm sharing a "family" recipe. The Hubble's mom makes THE best enchilada casserole I've ever had and I feel privileged that she shared it with me. 

Now I get to share it with you! So here you go!




Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole

Printer Friendly Version

Ingredients:

  • 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 2 cans cream of chicken soup
  • 3 cans chopped green chiles
  • 1 can Las Palmas green enchilada sauce
  • 4 cups shredded cheese
  • 18 corn tortillas
  • onion, diced (optional)
Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Cook chicken in boiling water until white all the way through; about 20 minutes. 
  3. Shred chicken; add cream of chicken soup, green chiles and onion (optional)
  4. Pour enchilada sauce into shallow bowl; coat tortillas.
  5. Layer sauce smothered tortillas in even layer covering the bottom of a 13x9 inch pan.
  6. Cover tortillas evenly with 1/3 of chicken mixture; sprinkle 1/3 shredded cheese evenly over chicken mixture. Repeat process until you have 3 layers; ending with cheese layer.
  7. Cook in oven for 45 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.
  8. Serve and enjoy!

If you would like to view step by step photos of the making of this recipe, go HERE.

Now you get to link up! Enjoy!!




blog comments powered by Disqus