Friday, May 27, 2011

It's Nights Like This

The other night, I got super excited because I took the trash out.

It's not just that I took the trash out. But I took it out on my own. (Well, technically my older sister was with me when I walked it down to the curb).

Later that night, The Hubble called me and we started chatting. I got super excited and was about to tell him about me taking the trash down to the curb when it hit me...

The last time the trash was taken out, he took it. It's been a week. It's only been a week. How the Hell can it only have been a week???

See...The Hubble moved Little Butt and me down here to Texas because he had to go play Army. He has now been gone for a little over a week.

I know that's just a drop in the bucket. And I think that's the problem....it's just a drop in the bucket.

We will see The Hubble for a total of 3 weeks (and that's being optimistic) over the next 16 months.

And it's only been a week.

The one good thing is that I've been able to talk to him every day. But that will change come October/November. Then it goes back to that whole "not knowing if I'll ever see or hear from him again" thing.

But anyway...the point to this post was to talk about nighttime.

I've decided I hate nighttime now.

I seem to keep staying up until somewhere between 1am-2am now. I don't want to go to sleep.

My most hated part of the day or night is right after I put Little Butt to bed.

That's when I start turning things off and thinking about washing up and heading to bed...alone.

And it doesn't help that I'm super paranoid. Every noise makes me nervous and jumpy. Some nights I walk through the house, holding a weapon, checking all the locks on the doors and windows. But of course it's not enough to check them once. No...I have to check them several times throughout the course of the night.

Usually it's worse the first few nights The Hubble is gone. I know it gets better.

But right now...

It's only been a week.

blog comments powered by Disqus