Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Show Your Support with Gillette

Working in retail for so long...I've had my fair share of complaints. I mean...I was the manager on duty most of the times I worked so all the shiz talking came to me right??

Unfortunately, people in service positions don't hear a lot of positive feedback. People are more likely to complain before they will give a compliment. Actually, customers RARELY seek out managers for jobs well done.

Now, don't get me wrong, I've been known to do my fair share of complaining...but when someone does something great, I feel the need to share!

Being a military spouse is hard. We all know that. And being a soldier is harder. We all know that! In my travels with The Hubble we have often been stopped so someone could shake The Hubble's hand and thank him for his service. His response is always "Thank you for the support."

When we were moving from El Paso, Texas to Middle of Nowhere, Missouri we stopped in Lawton, Oklahoma and ate at a Cracker Barrel. When we were done with our meal, we found out some random customer paid for the 5 of us in our party because they found out about The Hubble being a soldier.

Unfortunately, I don't often get that warm and fuzzy feeling from many companies. There are some stand outs.

Did you know that when driving through Houston, Texas a military ID will get you free passage through the toll roads? Awesome right??


The USO is one of those military supporters. They have places for our soldiers to sleep when they are stranded in airports. They send entertainment overseas to our troops in Theater. They are just great.

But this is not a post about the USO. No...this is about Gillette. Yes, you read me right. Gillette. The razor people.

I was recently contacted about a standout thing Gillette is doing for our soldiers. 


Here's the deal. Gillette is trying to raise and donate up to $100,000 to the USO (you know...that place that helps our soldier's morale so much). To raise this money, Gillette needs our help!


But how you ask??


It's easy! All you have to do is jump over to Gillette's Facebook page and "like" them.  


Once you "like" them, you post a picture, video or "story" about a soldier in your life to their Facebook page.


For every story or picture of a soldier, Gillette will donate $1 to the USO.


The story can be as simple as "We are so proud of you and can't wait for you to come home." 


Pretty much anything goes as long as you are showing your pride in a US Soldier. 


I wish I could tell you how much Gillette has raised so far but they don't have a running total. No matter. The page is FULL of messages of appreciation!


Now don't waste your time. Get over there and show your support for our soldier and the USO. This opportunity is only running through July 4th. 

I look forward to seeing your message there!
blog comments powered by Disqus