Thursday, September 9, 2010

I've Been Tagged...and So Have 8 of You!

I found this blog recently called Uncork and Unwined. This blog is all about a couple who are stationed in Germany and how they are making their way through Europe while drinking plenty of coffee, wine and beer! I, of course, became immediately enamored with this blog. I mean, coffee??? Yes please!! Wine??? Oh heck yeah! Beer??? Drooling here! Then throw in all the traveling and pictures of Europe and I was a goner!

I may have scared K a bit when I mentioned being the possible president of her fan club and I may or may not have eluded to a possible Single White Female encounter that she and I have to have soon. But she moved past my insane ramblings and tagged me in a bloggy note thing.

Well, naturally, being her biggest fan and all, I have to comply with her wishes and answer these questions. Then I get to tag 8 of my readers to answer these questions as well! So here goes.

1. If you could have any superpower what would you have? Why?

I think I would want to have that cool "water to wine" trick. I mean, who wouldn't want to invite me to a party then right?? Also, it would definitely save me some money in the wine department. Because we all know how much I like wine.

2. Who is your style icon?

Hahaha!! There are people that I wish I could dress like. I am obsessed with the Kardashians right now. They all look great all the time. I absolutely LOVE pin-up girls and would love to look like one all the time! So Marilyn Monroe would definitely be a style icon for me. But I don't dress like her. I also super duper love Gwen Stefani and her crazy eclectic look. But if you want to think about who I most often dress like...it's probably more like Drew Barrymore because I often wear jeans and t-shirts and that's pretty much it!

3. What is your favorite quote?

I have a quote journal and I love quotes! Here are a few of my favorites that pertain to certain passions in my life:

Book/library quote: "A truly great library contains something in it to offend everyone." ~ Jo Godwin

Coffee quote: "Coffee should be black as Hell, strong as Death, and sweet as Love." ~ Turkish Proverb

Inspirational quote: "No one can make you feel inferior without your permission." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

4. What is the best compliment you've ever received?

That I am a good mother. 

5. What playlist/CD is in your CD player/iPod right now?

I don't really do playlists because I love shuffle. The CD in my player right now is one for Little Butt. The book we checked out from the library had a CD with it. It's Skippyjon Jones in Mummy Trouble. The song I have paused on my iPod is Everywhere by Michelle Branch. I have extremely eclectic taste.

6. Are you a night owl or a morning person?

I'm an all the time person. I don't really sleep. I sometimes stay up until 3am and wake up at 7am. I think sleep is a waste of time. 

7. Do you prefer dogs or cats?

I don't really care for animals in general. We had a cat for a while and it was annoying to me. But I really want a big dog. I fell in love with a Great Dane in December and a Rhodesian Ridgeback in February. I can't wait to get my own Ridgeback.

8. What is the meaning behind your blog name?

I grew up in the Army. I always say that my blood runs green but I thought having "blood" in a blog title wouldn't be the best idea. So I came up with this blog title. It's a bit about me and a bit about my life but my life is constantly and has always been touched by the military. 

Now. For the tagging. Here are my 8 choices:

Devil Dog Darling
Goodnight Moon!
I Could be Fake
Postcards from Oblivion
Scatterbrained Wife of a Soldier
This American Wife
Within a Mile of Home
{Mis}Adventures of an Army Wife

For Further Reading Check Out:

blog comments powered by Disqus