Friday, November 5, 2010

Couch to 5k: Week Three (Again)

Photo by emples

Success!

I did it! I made it through week 3 successfully this week! I know I didn't do too well with it last week but I think my friend Gwen was right. I got my girlie problem this week so I'm thinking some crazy hormones were wreaking havoc on my body last week. 

Oh well. What can you do?? 

Tie up your shoes and try again, that's what!  

This week I decided to stop trying to go as fast as I possibly can in the time allowed and instead just focus on getting through the intervals. That means I took it a bit easier than I have the last few weeks. 

Don't get me wrong, it was still challenging. 

I was still able to do 2 1/4 miles each day. 

But I didn't feel so dead/drained afterward. And I think the walk intervals were faster because I didn't need as much recovery.

The only crap day I had was today. 

I woke up with the worst cramps I've had in over 4 years! I started out really tired. And it was about 30 degrees out this morning. 

Luckily, the gloves The Hubble bought for his Halloween costume have helped keep my hands warm (I can't find my gloves). 

But, the wind was pretty gnarly this morning and my ear buds kept blowing out of my ears. Annoying!

Again, I made it through. And that's what matters. 

Week 3 of the Couch to 5k program:

Warm up 5 minutes.
Run 90 seconds, walk 90 seconds. Run 3 minutes, walk 3 minutes. 
Repeat once for a total of 2 repetitions.
Cool down 5 minutes.

My week:

Monday: 2 1/4 miles 29 minutes 24 seconds

Wednesday: 2 1/4 miles 28 minutes 48 seconds

Friday: 2 1/4 miles 29 minutes 07 seconds

Did you notice I broke the Wednesday curse this week???? Woohoo!!!!

So that's my week. I'm happy that I made it through but am still nervous about next week. I know that it just gets more and more intense from here. And the weather is just going to continue to get cooler and cooler. 

Also, my friend Wendy is considering doing this program and I just want to say....DO IT!!!! 

For Further Reading Check Out:
blog comments powered by Disqus