Thursday, November 18, 2010

I Don't Have To Go Naked!


Hooray!!!

I did it!!!

I found clothes!

It was no easy task though, let me tell you.

After my first failed attempt, we went to 'town' this past Saturday.

I started with a haircut then we hit the mall. Sadly, I just kept walking into then out of stores. Nothing was hitting me.

I kept thinking The Hubble was watching and judging me.

I kept thinking that people in the stores were watching and judging me.

I was a poser.

What's a girl like that doing in a store like this??

I was able to get some jeans and some makeup.

I was especially excited to see that my favorite Old Navy jeans now come in a skinny option.

I ended up, after a few hours, walking out of the mall with nothing but my Old Navy and Sephora bags.

I was disheartened again. I kept thinking about how we are leaving for Alabama soon and I have nothing but jeans and t-shirts to wear. And a ratty, old, falling apart coat.

We met up with some friends for dinner and I had some sushi and sashimi. At the end of dinner I decided to order a glass of wine. That made me feel good...and bold.

I asked The Hubble if we could try just one more store. We hesitatingly walked into Dressbarn and started browsing.

About 2 hours and 2 huge bags of clothes later I was happily on my way home with all  my new sweaters, sweater dresses and pants.

We even stopped back by the mall so I could pick up a pair of black boots!


Now I just need a coat and some dark brown boots and I'll be pretty set.

I'm excited about all my new clothes.

The good thing is that I feel awesome in everything that I bought. I tried everything on and each item makes me feel cute.

The bad thing is trying to figure out what I want to wear each day and where I can go so as not to sit in the house in my awesome new clothes. I mean, what's the point of wearing cute stuff if you have nowhere to go...which is probably why I'm still in my pajamas at almost 1pm today...nowhere to go.

Oh well.

At least now I have clothes to wear next week in Alabama and Kentucky! Woohoo!

And last, but definitely not least, thanks to everyone for all the supportive comments lately. Especially on that last post. I don't know what I would do without you. You are the reason I keep blogging. xoxoxoxoxo!!!

For Further Reading Check Out:

blog comments powered by Disqus