Saturday, November 20, 2010

Couch to 5k: Week Four (Again)

Photo by emples

Success!!!

I am so freaking proud of myself this week it is not even funny! 

And I'm sure it's only going to get better from here.

Except for the fact that I'm worried about this next week.

See...we are currently driving to my dad's house in Alabama for the week of Thanksgiving. (I'm setting this up to post tomorrow--Saturday--morning.

What's the problem with that you ask??

Well, being at my dad's house is not a problem. He has a treadmill and there's a nice trail about a mile or so down the road. I can definitely continue my training while at my dad's house.

However, we are driving to Kentucky on Tuesday, going to a graduation on Wednesday morning, then driving back to Alabama on Thursday. And we'll be getting back late on Thursday so I'm not sure I'll get up and run on Friday morning.

Although, I just thought that maybe I can do Monday, Thursday (before we leave) and Saturday. But then I won't have two days of rest before starting the next week.

I guess maybe next week will have to be week four and a half?? Who knows. I just know that I don't want to take an entire week off.

Anyway. Back to this week. 

I decided on Monday that I needed to focus and slow it down again. I have a tendency to want to go fast to get the run done faster. However, when you are running for a certain amount of time, it goes by just as quickly if you are jogging as it does if you are sprinting. You just hurt a lot more with the latter.

So I went at a jog pace as opposed to a full out run and it helped me make it through the running intervals.

I was on cloud nine on Monday when I was able to complete the whole thing. Then I did it again on Wednesday. Then again on Friday!

However, on Monday, the very last 45 seconds of my last run time I felt like I was going to die.

Then on Wednesday and Friday I thought I was going to die my last 2 minutes of my last run time. 

But no matter. I pushed through. I just kept telling myself that I was done after that. It was my last lap. My last minute. Whatever. 

I can't believe I ran 1/2 a mile in one shot! Woohoo!

Anyway. 

Week four of the Couch to 5k program is:

Warm up 5 minutes
Run 3 minutes, walk 90 seconds
Run 5 minutes, walk 2 1/2 minutes
Run 3 minutes, walk 90 seconds
Run 5 minutes, walk 2 1/2 minutes
Cool down 5 minutes


My week:

Monday: 2 1/2 miles 30 minutes 54 seconds

Wednesday: 2 1/2 miles 30 minutes 46 seconds

Friday: 2 1/2 miles 30 minutes 56 seconds

Woohooo!!!!

Did you notice my distance got better too?? Instead of 2 1/4 miles, I'm now up to 2 1/2 miles consistently.

So. All in all it has been a good week. 

I'm hoping to jump on here at some point while we are traveling as well. 

I don't know what this week will bring as far as my running goes but I am definitely going to try my hardest to get out there and get moving. There really aren't any adequate reasons not to. 

Wish me luck!

For Further Reading Check Out:
blog comments powered by Disqus