Sunday, October 24, 2010

Couch to 5k: Week Two

Photo by emples

Success!

Another week of the Couch to 5k program has been accomplished!
I know it's not much but I'm still proud of myself.

Monday, The Hubble had off so he stayed in bed while I took Little Butt to daycare and went to the track. I'm really proud of myself for not letting him deter me from my goals. (Two years ago it would have been a different story).
I don't know what's up with Wednesdays though. Either I lose count of my laps or I just REALLY drag ass on Wednesdays. 

Usually I do 9 laps (2 1/4 miles) during the program's intervals. However, on Wednesdays I only do 8 (2 miles). It happened last week and it happened this week. It's pretty frustrating but I need to find a way to straighten things out on Wednesday. 

Surely I just lose count...right????

Anyway. 

My best friend Insomnia came for a visit on Thursday night so when time to go to the track rolled around...let's just say I was tired. But I went anyway.

Luckily, there were a bunch of soldiers working near the track so that made me stand up a bit straighter and move a bit faster. I couldn't look like a slacker in front of soldiers right?? LOL!

The sky was dark on Friday and I thought for sure it was going to start raining on my head! (It didn't). It was also pretty windy offering me some lovely resistance. But I still did pretty good.

Oh. And taking about 15 minutes to do some yoga stretching at the end of my workout has been helping my recovery time. It's also a really great way to feel calm and loose after running. 

Now for the numbers!

Week 2 of the Couch to 5k program:

Warm up 5 minutes
Run 90 seconds, walk 2 minutes (repeat for a total of 20 minutes)
Cool down 5 minutes

My week:

Monday: 2 1/4 miles 29 minutes 20 seconds

Wednesday: 2 miles 29 minutes 22 seconds (see what I mean???)

Friday: 2 1/4 miles 29 minutes 35 seconds

I thought for sure my time would suffer this week since I was running for a longer time but it didn't. All of my times this week were better than my times last week.

I also have not yet started doing yoga on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Honestly, I'm kind of scared. If I add something new, will that affect my running? Which is more important? 

I think I definitely want to get more comfortable with running. Maybe after I complete this program and am capable of running distances I want then I'll add in more stuff.

One step at a time right??

Have you started a new fitness program recently? How are you doing with it? 

If you haven't started one...do you want to?

For Further Reading Check Out:
blog comments powered by Disqus