Thursday, August 12, 2010

An Opinionated Post: Enter at Your Own Risk

On July 19th I joined up with the SITSgirls and Problogger for the 31 Days to Building a Better Blog Challenge.

Take the Problogger Challenge with SITS and BlogFrog


It's hard to believe that the challenge is already 25 days in!!! Especially since I'm still stuck on Day 19. Actually, I've been a slacker on a couple other days too but Day 17 is the post on which I'm stuck.

See, for Day 19 we are supposed to have written an opinion post. Sounds easy right?? Well, it hasn't bee for me.

I've been having trouble figuring out what opinion I have that is worthy of an entire post.

Darren provides a few ideas for opinion posts such as an opinion on a book or something easy. Well, I've already done that.

I happen to be one of those people who believe that everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion and as long as it doesn't hurt me or mine then I'm good with that. I honestly believe everyone should have opinions. However, I've always been the type of person who refuses to share my opinions because I don't want to argue my thoughts with someone else. My opinions are mine and I don't need to be challenged on them.

Also, some people become irate and just plain out mean when he or she does not agree with another persons opinion. So why should I open myself up to that? My friends and family know where I stand on certain things and they respect me for or in spite of them.

Another reason this has been so difficult for me is that I don't want to be known as that girl who believes that one thing you know??

So I think I'm going to do things a bit differently. I'm going to tell you some of the things I believe in. That way, if you choose to disagree with them and stop reading my blog because of them, at least it will be because of many of my opinions as opposed to just one. Because let's face it, I am not one thing. I am many. There are so many things that make up who I am and what I believe.

So here are a few of my beliefs and opinions:

  • I'm thrilled prop 8 was overturned. 
  • I believe love chooses you, not that you choose love.
  • I believe too many people give up on relationships too easily.
  • I believe sometimes you have to choose to love the person you are with to make it through bad times.
  • I believe it is more important to be spiritual than religious.
  • I believe people have the right to choose what is best for their bodies.
  • I believe the entire human race needs to learn to be more accepting and loving of differences.
  • I believe it takes a village to raise a child.
  • I believe too many parents are neglectful of their children.
  • I believe technology will be the death of individuality.
  • I believe the movie Wall-e becomes more and more real every day.
  • I would choose a good book over a movie or a television show any day.
  • I believe that hard work and perseverance are being drown out by laziness and taking the easy way out.
  • I believe politics turn good people into bad people.
  • I believe that we all do the best job we can.
  • I believe that we often hurt each other instead of help.
  • I believe in your right to disagree with any of these opinions that are mine and mine alone.
  • I also believe in being respectful of your right to disagree with me as I believe you should be of mine. 
  • I believe that differing opinions, thoughts and beliefs are what make the human race as magnificent as it is.
And that's it for now. I happen to really like people. I like knowing that not everyone agrees with me and that's okay.

So there you have it. Those are some of the things that make me tick. I'm actually pretty scared to push the publish button for this post. However, I think you have a right to know who I am. If I'm going to put myself out there, I do it fully. This is me, take me or leave me.

For Additional Reading Check Out:
    blog comments powered by Disqus