Friday, August 27, 2010

Word of the Day: Random

Do you ever get stumped on what to title your blog posts?? I just did. I knew I wanted to post but I couldn't figure out what to call it because my post is going to be a jumbled mess.

I couldn't stop thinking about Penny at I Could Be Fake posting one word last week. Hence, my title was born.

And in that comes a warning. This post is going to be kind of random and jumbled so bear with me. If it counts, it's also kind of an update.

Let me start by saying I am so glad I posted recently about my weight loss struggles because I had several friends here contact me about it and we've been going to the track on post 3 times a week. I haven't lost anything but I'm definitely not gaining anymore. Though I may have to bite the bullet and buy a larger size jean soon, I'm glad I'm not gaining anymore. And I'm okay with the size up I would have to purchase. It's still smaller than my pre-baby size jean.

Last week I got the chance to meet the lovely and sweet Emily from Scatterbrained Wife of a Soldier! She is seriously so nice and sweet and adorable! She's so new too! Her and her husband, J, have only been married 4 months! And most of that time he's been here (in a different state from her) attending school. Luckily, he graduates soon and they are going to PCS to Germany!

I was nervous about meeting her at first because I had Little Butt with me. We went to lunch at Cracker Barrel (because that's basically all we have here) and after we ate Emily sat on the floor with me and Little Butt while we explored all the bins of toys in the shop outside the restaurant.

After that fun time, and me buying the best frog toy ever (the eyes pop out when you squeeze it!!!!) we went to the only other happening place in town...Wally World! Sounds like a blast right?!?!? Actually, we had a lot of fun! Little Butt found the hula hoops and the three of us stood in the middle of Wally World (down an aisle of course) playing with the hula hoops. Those suckers are NOT easy! How the heck did I do those when I was a kid?? If you haven't tried a hula hoop in years, please go try it and tell me how you do! I was only able to get a few pictures:






I've been trying to take Emily around with me to give her something to do in the middle of nowhere and to introduce her to different military type things. She's gone to the track with us a couple times and she went to a friend's house for coffee with me. She even attended story time at the library with us! LOL! She's a great girl and if you don't follow her...you should!

And finally (for now) I would like to thank Sarah at Confessions of an Untenured Teacher who gave me an award:


With this award I am supposed to share 7 things about myself. Yikes! Let's see...

  1. I have 8 tattoos.
  2. I have 2 sisters (ages 34 and 25 with me in the middle at 30) and a brother (age 17).
  3. I love quotes! I have a quote journal in which I write quotes that strike me. These can be lines from movies, books, conversations, songs, you name it. If I like it, I keep it.
  4. I love, love, LOVE coffee. I take mine black with 2 sugars or if it's from Starbucks I take it with hazelnut syrup. Actually, all the coffee I drink is from Starbucks. I buy the pounds of whole beans and grind my coffee fresh.
  5. I am passionate about literature and I love to read. But this wasn't always the case. I didn't get into reading until my late teens. When I was little I hated reading!
  6. I collect shot glasses. I have shot glasses from all over the country and the world. People usually find out I like them and bring them to me. 
  7. I'm fascinated by pin-up girls. Our dining room is decked out with pictures, books and calendars of pin-ups. Gil Elvgren is one of my favorites. I would like to be a pin-up girl! 
Thanks again Sarah!

Oh shoot! One more thing. I told you this was going to be random!

Jessica Lynn over at Jesstagirl and Her Officer is hosting a Bake-N-Blog and I think more people should get involved! Basically, you choose a cupcake from a site that she has listed and you bake it and post about it on September 15th! You will also be entered to win one of my favorite cupcake books: Hello, Cupcake!

 Photo and recipe from Ming Makes Cupcakes

I am going to bake cupcake #24: Coffee Chocolate Cupcakes with Baileys Irish Cream Frosting. Sounds delicious right?!?!? Well head over there and sign up for the cupcake you want to bake and blog about! It should be fun!!!

And don't forget to get your pictures ready for the Wordless Wednesday: The Boots Edition that I'm hosting. If you don't know about it...look at this POST!

For Further Reading Check Out:
blog comments powered by Disqus