Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fourth of July 2011 and Song of the Week



Here we are! It's that time again! Time for the song link up with Goodnight Moon!

This week I'm going to annoy the crap out of you so please...enter at your own risk. Believe me...you DO NOT want to hear this song.

I HATE that I like this song. I didn't realize I did until I heard it in a Target store and found myself tapping my foot to it...then it was all over.

I feel so ashamed.

Anyway. I'm sharing this song because we just celebrated the Fourth of July.

On Friday night, I was talking to The Hubble on the phone and I started crying. I told him this was the weekend he was supposed to be coming home to see us. It turns out that since he's attending a civilian school, they didn't get a 4 day weekend for the 4th. So...that meant he wouldn't be able to come home after all.

As I said, I was crying on the phone because I'm 8 months pregnant, emotional, hormonal, needy and missing my guy. I also was not looking forward to some friends visiting. All I wanted to do was sit and mope, not entertain a married couple and their daughter.

So as I was silently, or maybe not so silently, crying, he told me something about not being able to change a plane ticket.

I said "what??"

He told me that he didn't know he was going to get out of class early that day and that he needed a 6 hour lead to change the plane ticket so he wouldn't be able to be here until Saturday morning.

At that point I started bawling. I felt like I understood but still wasn't grasping it so I said "What does that mean???"

And yes, he came in Saturday morning! Granted, he had to leave Monday morning but 48 hours was better than nothing right???

We had a great weekend together and even got to take advantage of my mom's pool too.



So, in honor of this wonderful Fourth of July weekend, here is this song. Please don't listen to it! It's really not worth it! LOL!!



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
blog comments powered by Disqus