Monday, July 11, 2011

34 Weeks and Counting: A Baby Update

I realize that I've barely talked about this whole "being pregnant" thing.

I honestly can't believe how fast this has been going.

I feel like, when I was pregnant with Little Butt, it took forever. I couldn't get her out fast enough.

But this time, time is just flying by.

Don't get me wrong. By no means do I want time to slow down. Actually, I've been pretty uncomfortable lately so I'd love it if time would hurry up and fly by! I'm ready to have this baby now!

Okay. Are you ready for the obligatory preggo photo?? It's a doozy. I'm super HUGE!

Here it is: Me at 34 weeks.

It kind of looks like the picture is blurry but there is a shadow against the door.

See??? I told you I was big! And I still have 6 more weeks to go! How??? I don't know!

I have feet up in my ribs pretty much constantly. Which then carries around and leaves my back in pain. He loves to knead my bladder. And my right side has begun to have sharp pains.

Not only that but when I took my glucose test for Gestational Diabetes, that came back negative. However, the doctor did find out at that point that I was pretty anemic. So I had to start taking prescription Iron supplements. No big deal right?? I can handle that.

Now there's another issue.

The last 3 appointments I've had, they have had to take my blood pressure twice. Each time it was too high at first so they would have me sit in a chair for a bit then they would come take it again. It got better each time. Not always great, but better. So they talked about watching my blood pressure.

However, I went to the doctor on Tuesday and now my heart rate is an issue.

Apparently, the heart rate goes up during pregnancy as it is. The highest they want it to go is 100 beats per minute. On Tuesday, mine was at 115bpm. So they had me come back at the end of the week. I went back on Friday and they had me sit in a quiet room for about 10-15 minutes. I focused on relaxing and breathing. When they took it again, it was 101bpm.

Still higher than they want it.

Now I have to go in for a cardiology consult to see if everything is okay with me.

Apparently, the baby's heart rate is perfect. He's doing well, he's just challenging my body.

And to top it all off! I realized last night that my feet and ankles are swollen!

I've been wearing flip flops since we arrived here in Texas so I haven't tried to shove my porker feet into real shoes. I had no idea.

Anyway. There's my update. Not much else to report. I'm large. Uncomfortable. Hot. And I drink milk like it's going out of style. I have to buy 3 gallons at the store just to last me (by myself) a week. Otherwise, I'd be going to the store every other day just for milk.

So there you have it! Wish me luck in these last 6 weeks and with my cardiology appointment!
blog comments powered by Disqus