Wednesday, October 27, 2010

You Look Like a Monkey...

...and you smell like one too!

Yesterday was my birthday.

Last year around this time I was sad and miserable.

Last year I turned 30.

I thought I was going to be one of those people who would take my 30th birthday by storm. I thought I would approach it with vengeance and be more fabulous that day than ever before.

Then reality hit.

I was SO not excited about turning 30. The Hubble was deployed. I felt old. I just didn't want to do it.

Yesterday...I turned 31.

Though I'm not incredibly thrilled with getting older and being 31...I really like being in my 30's.

When you are in your 20's people tend to look at you like you are a kid.

Sadly...there's a reason for that.

I feel like I know so much more now than I did when I was in my 20's.

I am actually super happy to be in my 30's now.

But talk to me in another 9 years and I'll probably be singing the same tune I was last year!

Yesterday started off kind of off. I had a headache. Little Butt woke up with a tummy ache. But I vowed to have it turn around.

 When The Hubble got home from his workout, I was finishing up my shower. When I walked out of the bathroom I found pretty Halloween-y flowers!


Then we went to breakfast at Cracker Barrel. I am in lust with their new harvest yogurt parfait and I had to have one. It's so freaking good! If you haven't tried it...you must. It was the apple streusel French toast at first but then I started running and decided I needed a healthier option. The meal that the parfait comes with has eggs, a breakfast meat and an apple bran muffin. I think it's only around for a short amount of time so hurry and go try it! LOL!

When we got back from brunch I opened my present! For the last 10 1/2 years I've hoped and hoped that The Hubble would just know what I wanted for my birthday. That.Doesn't.Work! So this year I told him exactly what I wanted. And he delivered!!!


You may be thinking "where's the fun in that?" if I had to tell him what I wanted. I would know what I was getting right?? No! I was extremely shocked and surprised that not only did he remember what I told him...he actually followed through and went and got it! LOL!

Later that evening, we went out for sushi with some friends. I tried sashimi (raw fish) for the first time and it was SO good. I'm so happy I got it! I think it's going to be my newest obsession. I can't wait to go again.

My friend Lauren made me some cupcakes for my birthday too!


Hummingbird cupcakes with coconut pineapple frosting (the pink) or lemon frosting (the white). Lauren and her husband, John, also gave me a gift card to an amazing liquor store in town. Woohoo! I can't wait to figure out what to spend it on!

Another awesome thing that happened to me on my birthday was that Kristen from That Army Wife Life left me this award:


Kristen is pretty dang awesome and is even a top 3 finalist in the Army Wife Network HH6 2011 Contest. I told you she was awesome! If you have a minute, you should jump over to the AWN site and vote for Kristen in the poll halfway down the page!

And that's how the anniversary of my 30th birthday went down. Yeah...I'm getting older...but I'm loving it!

And many more...on channel four...
blog comments powered by Disqus