Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Move # 399,574,896,096,343 Coming Up

Photo by Nicholas_T

It's getting to be about that time again...don't you think??

I mean, we've been here for almost a year.

Why stay when there are so many other places I can visit??

I guess I can tell you what I'm actually talking about.

Well, we are moving next month. 

I can say next month because it is officially March now.

Oh yeah...happy March! (Where did February disappear to???)

We found out recently that The Hubble is officially part of this new program he's been wanting to be a part of. He's pretty excited.

But that means that he moves to DC for 4 months for language training. Then he deploys for a year. 

He's not supposed to get his PCS (permanent change of station) orders until the end of the first deployment.

That means, Little Butt and I can stay in the middle of nowhere, welcome Baby N without Daddy/The Hubble and be here, in the middle of nowhere, by ourselves, for a year.

Or...

We can move closer to family while The Hubble runs off to play.

Which option do you think we chose?? Which option would you choose?

I've chosen to move closer to family.

That means, we will be heading to the Austin area late next month. 

That's okay by me. I'm tired of being here.

All my friends are leaving and I won't really have anyone here anyway.

At least there, I will have family. We also have tons of friends in Texas. So it's all good.

The only downside is that The Hubble won't be with us. But he will be off doing what he wants to do. And that's cool too.

When he gets back, it looks like either DC or Tampa for us. 

We have no idea which way they will send us but I can't say that either of those options are bad. 

So now it's time to start again. 

We are already speaking with a Realtor to find the perfect place for us (this time). 

I'm ready. 

I'm ready to leave this place.

I'm ready to be close to family again.

I'm ready to have a mall within a half hour drive again.

I'm ready to be able to go to Target at a whim!

I'm ready for the next step.

I'm NOT ready for The Hubble to leave again.

But that's the nature of the game right??

So there you have it. 

We are getting ready to hit the road...again. 

Anyone live in Texas???
blog comments powered by Disqus