Monday, November 14, 2011

Let's Get Physical: A Challenge for YOU!

Guess what!!

Chicken butt!

Bahahahahaha!!!!

Just kidding. Sorry...I really needed to get that out of my system.

I'm done now. We can move on now.

But seriously...guess what!

I joined a gym this weekend!

I'm super excited about it.

Now, I have been a member of a couple different gyms in the past and I never used them. However, I know I like this particular corporation and I've been happy in the past with them at different locations. Even going into this gym, I feel absolutely comfortable and welcome. Everyone was super nice and I'm really excited to get started.

I bought 3 personal training sessions with my sign up bonus. I really wanted to buy 36 but I think The Hubble would kill me if I spent $2,000 on personal training.

Anyway. When I lost weight after Little Butt I tried many different techniques to keep me motivated.

One of those techniques was to make a vision board.

What is a vision board you ask...well let me show you mine from before:


Basically, you grab some poster board, a bunch of magazines, some scissors, and some glue. You find pictures or words that speak to you and really resonate with what you want to accomplish. Then you cut them out and glue them on your board. Post to board somewhere where you will see it every day so you can easily visualize your future.

Now, when I first read about this I thought it was the cheesiest load of crap ever. BUT I was the team leader of a challenge group on jillianmichaels.com so I had to do it. After I finished, I ended up carrying this thing with me through several different states. I loved it! I was so proud of it and inspired by it. It helped me remember my goals and it focused me. It gave me a visual reminder of my vision for myself.

So, now that I have joined the gym and am ready to get started, I think it's time for you to get started too.

So here is your challenge:

I want you to make a vision board. Gather your materials and have fun with it! Think about where you are going to place your vision board so you will see it every day.

Then, I want you to write a blog post about it and post that on December 1st. Come back here and link up to the linky I will have available on December 1st. That way, we can each jump around and help motivate one another. It will be like a virtual work out group.

We can even come up with weekly challenges if you all want.

So who is with me???

If you are feeling a little unsure, just go read THIS POST and get inspired and motivated!

I can't wait to see what you all come up with.

Let's get the word out about this! Tell your friends, blog about it, whatever you have to do to get people on board.

If we have a good turn out for the December 1st vision board linky, I'll throw in a prize for best vision board!!

So get after it!

PS: The vision board does NOT have to be strictly fitness related. Whatever your vision or goals are, those are what you should incorporate into your vision board. Let me know if you have any questions.
blog comments powered by Disqus