Thursday, December 9, 2010

One Word (Two Really)

For a little over a week I've been seeing a bunch of tweets about something called #reverb10.

At first I was confused.

Of course, this might be because I was WAY behind on my Google Reader and hadn't read about it yet.

But no matter.

I finally did figure it out.

Reverb10 is all about writing prompts. This site sends one writing prompt per day for the entire month of December to all participants. Participants are then supposed to blog each day about the writing prompts.

Each writing prompt is supposed to help the blogger/participant reflect on the last year and send good thoughts forth for the coming year.

Sounds cool yeah?

Well, if you are a slacker blogger like I am then no, not so cool.

There's no way I can keep up and blog every day for the entire month. Especially not since I've missed the first week and a half of the month and will be traveling for the latter half.

Anyway. Even though I am not truly participating, I can't get the first writing prompt out of my head:

December 1 – One Word. Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you? (Author: Gwen Bell).


I've been thinking about this since I read it on some other blogger's pages. 


So again, I'm not participating in the entire month but I may pick and choose some of the prompts to write about. 


My word for 2010: Connect


Over the course of the last year I have been able to connect with so many people, places and things. 


I've connected with so many fabulous women over the year:














I have also enjoyed how much my little family has been connecting this year. Not only have The Hubble and I been able to reconnect.


But most of all, I've loved watching Little Butt and her daddy connect and form a solid relationship.


I have reconnected with my mother after an almost 3 year estrangement.

AND. 

I have connected with all of you fabulous bloggers.

It's amazing to me how much I genuinely care for people through their blogs. 

I feel as though I have gotten to know so many people whom I wouldn't otherwise have had the chance to meet.

When I look back on 2011. I would like my one word to be: Growth

Even though The Hubble and I will be separated, I would like us to continue to grow, as a couple and as individuals.

Little Butt continues to grow every day. She will be going to school soon and following her own path of growing and learning. But I hope that her relationship with us, as her parents and her family, continues to grown.

My little family will grow in more ways than one and it is exciting the paths that we will each take.

Whether together, or separated, we will still be connected and grow in the same direction.

I would like my relationships to continue to strengthen and grow.

I would like my strength and determination to continue to grow.

I would like a year of growth, both mentally and spiritually (but maybe not so much physically, ha!).

If you were to play along, what would your words be?
blog comments powered by Disqus